[alac-dev] License for ALAC codec on Windows platforms

TUNDE_KEHINDE at Dell.com TUNDE_KEHINDE at Dell.com
Thu Mar 19 11:48:51 PDT 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
 Hi Members,

Hope everyone is having a great day. I am from Dell Software Procurement team and  I have a couple of questions regarding ALAC.

First, is ALAC codec supported on Windows boxes or support is only on iPhone, iPad, most iPods, Mac and iTunes as stated on the info page ?

Second, do ODMs like Dell require a license  to ship ALAC codec on Windows boxes or do these licenses come with Windows OS, specifically Windows 10 ?

Thank you so much. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Tunde Kehinde
Dell - GCM|Software Procurement
Phone: 1-512-728-2106