[CalendarServer-dev] Configuration changes to the Calendar Server

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Fri Dec 1 16:59:33 PST 2006

   Today, I merged some changes to the trunk which significantly
change how the Calendar Server is configured.  If you have a working
configuration and do an update, you'll need to make some changes.

   I've updated the README file and the web site to reflect these
changes, and documented them as well as I could.  In particular,
you'll want to check out:

   http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/calendarserver/wiki/QuickStart
   http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/calendarserver/wiki/DirectoryService
   http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/calendarserver/wiki/RepositoryXML

   Note that repository.xml no longer contains account and
authentication information.  That has now moved to caldavd.plist and
the new directory service functionality.

   The new directory service functionality now allows for different
back-ends for provisioning principal information, and neatly contains
all of that in one place.  You no longer have different repository.xml
files depending on the back-end.  Back-ends include Apache user/group
files, an updated XML file format, and OpenDirectory.

	Regards,
	-wsv