[CalendarServer-dev] Re: twisted dav : xattrprops on linux

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Mon Sep 11 15:12:51 PDT 2006

   (Let's chat on the mailing list; I don't always respond to direct
mail, get too much and all that.)

   That's a weird rule...

   Does it make sense for this to be hidden in the xattr library?
Perhaps not...  I kinda hate to so this on OS X just because Linux is
weird.

	-wsv

On Sep 9, 2006, at 9:52 AM, Vincent Kraeutler wrote:

> wilfredo,
>
> just stumbled across what looks like a minor issue with
> xattrs on linux: it seems that when writing xattrs, normal
> users are _required_ (at least on ext2/ext3) to prefix all
> attribute names with "user.". i.e. it is not possible to
> carry out
>
>>> import xattr
>>> xx = xattr.xattr("testFile")