[CalendarServer-dev] Re: twisted dav : xattrprops on linux

Vincent Kraeutler vincent at etoy.com
Tue Sep 12 01:45:41 PDT 2006

i agree. i have found this extra little tidbit:
http://www.penguin-soft.com/penguin/man/5/attr.html

i.e. it seems like xattrs are also used for storing
permission bits, ACL's etc. on some platforms. i.e.
information that sometimes should not be modifiable
by the owner of the file.

i'm not sure i'm happy about the way it seems to be
implemented, and i agree with you that it's likely
not worth introducing an extra wart (especially since
it's very easy to override deadPropertyXattrPrefix later
on), but i certainly wanted to have it mentioned.

all the best,
v.