[CalendarServer-dev] Problem with run script on linux

Frank Strauß strauss at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed Feb 14 00:54:25 PST 2007

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wrote:
>   What's -r?  It's not on OS X, so I don't think it's a portable option...

Oh, I'm sorry. I did not check portability.

>   Is xargs on Linux calling rm with an empty argument list?

Yes, as long as -r is not used. I'm using a Debian/sarge Linux system
with GNU xargs version 4.1.20.

strauss at aligator$ echo a b c | xargs echo
a b c
strauss at aligator$ echo a b c | xargs -r echo
a b c
strauss at aligator$ echo "" | xargs echo

strauss at aligator$ echo "" | xargs -r echo
strauss at aligator$