[CalendarServer-dev] [CalendarServer] #303: Support 'component'(=VEVENT, VTODO) parameter in getcontenttype properties of PROPFIND results

CalendarServer trac at macosforge.org
Thu Aug 14 15:11:12 PDT 2008

#303: Support 'component'(=VEVENT,VTODO) parameter in getcontenttype properties
of PROPFIND results
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  helge at zideone.com  |       Owner:  wsanchez at apple.com
     Type:  Enhancement        |      Status:  new
Component:  Calendar Server    |     Version:
 Severity:  Other              |    Keywords:
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Small wish: could iCalServer set the 'component' property in resource
 content-types? This would make in-place filtering of PROPFIND results
 easier:
 {{{
  http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2447.html
 }}}
 Sample:
 {{{
 }}}
 Rational:

 In Outlook we need to map a single calendar collection to two (or three)
 Outlook folders, eg "Calendar (Events)" and "Calendar (Tasks)". In Outlook
 each folder has a distinct type (its either tasks or events, never both).

 So when we do a PROPFIND on a CalDAV calendar which supports both
 (calendar-component-set: VEVENT+VTODO), tasks and events (and journals
 ...), we currently just get the generic text/calendar type. We need to
 fetch the content to decide whether the item is relevant or not for a
 specific Outlook folder type.
 If the server would report the contained component-type, we could avoid
 that annoyingly hard work ;-)

 Thanks

 PS: obviously the client can't (and shouldn't) rely on that parameter, but
 its a relevant optimization.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/303>
CalendarServer </>