[CalendarServer-dev] [CalendarServer] #307: Minor doc nit with major implications: iCal client requires a Directory to allow sharing

CalendarServer trac at macosforge.org
Tue Nov 11 22:11:03 PST 2008

#307: Minor doc nit with major implications: iCal client requires a Directory to
allow sharing
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ggm at apnic.net    |       Owner:  wsanchez at apple.com
     Type:  Defect           |      Status:  new
 I may be wrong, but from my test it looks like you cannot make iCal client
 do an Account->Access->[Edit] and the [+] add a person unless you have a
 Directory source bound, which can map the names to __uuid__ values.

 If you *know* the __uuid__ then all is well. But, most people know LDAP
 identity information.

 I think it might help to document this here, in the sharing guides, so its
 clear you have to configure it.

 Typically, this is done by running the 'Directory Utility' to add an
 LDAPv3 server, or an Apple Directory. I believe you also have to
 stop/start the iCal client to have this update honoured.

 -George

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/307>
CalendarServer </>