[CalendarServer-dev] [CalendarServer-changes] [3245] CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-1.3/

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Thu Nov 13 10:51:14 PST 2008

On 13.11.2008, at 19:33, Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wrote:
>  • It makes it a lot easier to write a CalDAV client, since you
> don't have to implement the scheduling logic (unless you also want
> to support iMIP)[2]

FYI: in an Outlook scenario you most likely will always have iMIP for
scheduling, or even worse, MAPI payloads (if the user doesn't manage
to configure his Outlook to do iMIP). OpenSource tools exist to
convert the latter on the mail server to regular MIME/iMIP. It would
be very nice if MacOSX server would include those.

(there are ways to hack around the scheduler-via-mail behaviour of
Outlook, but those are not very convenient for the enduser for various
reasons)

[BTW: I'm not saying that the idea is bad, just that it won't help
much with Outlook :-)]

Thanks,
   Helge
--