[CalendarServer-dev] PyKerberos with mod_spnego.apple

Paul Windey windey at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Wed Nov 19 12:37:22 PST 2008

Hi,

When I use test.py in PyKerberos
against an original Mac OS X Server running caldav it seems to works
fine. (port 8008 , directory /principals/)
However if I run it against the Apache 2 server shipped with OS X
Server 10.5 (port 80 or 443 ; directory /some-protected-realm/)
and a realm protected with Kerberos it fails miserably, resulting in
*** Running HTTP test
Second HTTP request did not result in a 2xx response: 401

and a web server error
mod_spnego_apple: Cannot get SPNEGO handle from token: -9
binaryTokenLen=595, base64Len=598

So it seems that PyKerberos authenticates fine against the python
server behind caldav but NOT
against the stock apple spnego module shipped with the server.

Is this the expected behavior or a flagrant bug ?

This test was prompted by efforts of  Tim Olsen who wrote a kerberos
authetication extension
for mercurial (hg revision control software) to help me use it on a
Mac Os X server.

Thanks for your opinion and help on this matter
Sincerely

Paul Windey
Prof. of Physics
Université Pierre et Marie Curie