[CalendarServer-dev] Hoping for a sanity check: Chapter 2

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Tue Oct 28 11:37:26 PDT 2008

On Oct 16, 2008, at 8:50 PM, Mark Cockfield wrote:

> Finally, I would be interested in hearing what Wilfredo's and David's
> motivation was in creating their respective tickets regarding data
> persistence.

   I added couple of comments to http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/198
.

   Atomicity is my greatest concern at the moment.

   http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/269 is important regardless
of whether we use a DB or not.  We have some administrative functions
that we'd like to be able to implement without running a server or
instantiating HTTP resources and doing HTTP things to them.  The data
model and protocol are inter-twined right now, and that's just poor
abstraction.

	-wsv