[CalendarServer-dev] Which openldap directoryservice to use?

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Wed Apr 29 09:39:47 PDT 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Eli Bach wrote:

> Does the trunk support (using appleopendirectory) support everything
> that the /branches/release/CalendarServer-1.4-dev version does, or
> should I switch to the release/1.4 code?  This is for a server that
> I'm putting into production for primarily Leopard/iCal and
> eventually Snow Leopard clients.

   In trunk we got rid of the need for the weird schema extensions
that were needed in 1.x (the SericesLocator stuff).  So I think that's
a lot better.

   That said, "trunk" and "production" isn't usually a good
combination, and trunk will not always be very stable.  I've recently
made a 2.2-dev branch which should remain at least as stable as it is
now until we cut our first 2.x release[1], so if you want 2.x, I'd go
with that.

	-wsv

[1] Should be relatively soon; I think we're functionally pretty
stable right now.