[CalendarServer-dev] Is this a bug?

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Wed Aug 12 07:24:28 PDT 2009

Hi,

I've plugged a modified directory into DCS 1.2. It can't list records
and can in principle only authenticate users.
Now I'm trying to port my changes to DCS 2.2.

But I find that in 2.2
twistedcaldav.directory.directory.DirectoryService.allRecords() is called.
... which is a no go, for my "directory".

Looking at directory/aggregate.py I see that recordWithGUID() has been
removed, so the default implementation in class DirectoryService is called.
I cannot figure out from the log messages whether this was on purpose.

Anyway, when there's code still calling recordWithGUID and
AggregateDirectoryService doesn't implement it, it falls back to the
default implementation using allRecords(), which will prevent you from
plugging in a directory which cannot implement allRecords()

/Peter