[CalendarServer-dev] Proxies on Users

Georg Troska georg.troska at uni-dortmund.de
Wed Dec 2 09:07:31 PST 2009

Hi,

I am using the calendarserver for a year now on ubuntu 8.10. Until now
we have been using one simple single group calendar. I played around a
bit now with delegations/proxies.

I was able to use the proxy-statement in the accounts.xml file for a
location. This works fine. Now I would like to use it for users. I get
the message:

	element only allowed for Resources and Locations: proxies

I looked around in the code and found in /usr/share/pyshared/
twistedcaldav/directory/xmlaccountsparser.py:

---
[...]
	elif child_name == ELEMENT_PROXIES: # Only Resources & Locations if
self.recordType not in (DirectoryService.recordType_resources,
DirectoryService.recordType_locations): raise ValueError("<auto-
schedule> element only allowed for Resources and Locations: %s" %
(child_name,)) self._parseMembers(child, self.proxies)
[...]
---

why is this coded in there? I looked in the latest trunk as well -
there it is implemented correctly. I there a reason why this isn't
updated?

Georg