[CalendarServer-dev] UIDs as ATTENDEE IDs, please fix that

Helge Heß me at helgehess.eu
Wed May 6 10:10:07 PDT 2009

On 06.05.2009, at 18:52, Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wrote:
>  Well, I disagree with the assertion that there is no good reason.

Please elaborate. Whats the advantage of

   ATTENDEE;X-EMAIL=abc at def.de:urn:uid:98128912

over

   ATTENDEE;X-CALSERVER-UID=98128912:mailto:abc at def.de
or
   ATTENDEE;DIR=urn:uid:98128912:mailto:abc at def.de

Thats the core of my claim of 'no good reason'. Your requirements can
be met w/o breaking anything existing. (if this does break with some
client, please tell us which)

Further, as I said, there is no way for a client to resolve a UID to
some contact record. You talk about a REPORT to resolve UIDs, I
suppose this might be OK. Whats this REPORT?

BTW1: using properties for lastname/firstname etc is rather useless,
since properties are not covered by etags, hence uncachable.
BTW2: a vCard URL would be nice. (doesn't even have to be CardDAV,
plain URL pointing to a vCard would be fine, similiar to FBURL)

>  Both of these (the parameters and the new REPORT) need to be
> standardized for interoperability.

Well, yes, I also thought that we might want to standardize a UID
parameter to avoid an X-CALSERVER-UID. But then, this is basically
what DIR already provides.

Thanks,
   Helge
--