[CalendarServer-dev] [Calendar and Contacts Server] #390: $PYTHONPATH should be configured automatically by the 'run' script when used with -i (install)

Calendar and Contacts Server trac at macosforge.org
Thu Aug 5 22:49:56 PDT 2010

#390: $PYTHONPATH should be configured automatically by the 'run' script when
used with -i (install)
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  s.adam@…             |       Owner:  wsanchez@…
     Type:  Enhancement          |      Status:  new
 After unpacking & building calendarserver-2.4, I installed it to my
 machine via:
 DESTDIR=/opt/CalendarServer
 ./run -s -i "$DESTDIR"

 The installation itself works, however the 'run' script does not set
 $PYTHONPATH in the installed binaries as it does when running from the
 source directory. This results in Python errors when attempting to start
 the server from the new installation directory.

 This problem can be worked around by manually wrapping the caldavd binary
 in a shell script and setting PYTHONPATH="$DESTDIR/usr/lib/python2.6/site-
 packages:$DESTDIR/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages".

 Note - I'm on an x86_64 system... On x86 systems, only
 PYTHONPATH="$DESTDIR/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages" would be required.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/390>
Calendar and Contacts Server </>