[CalendarServer-dev] Fw: Info about bind privilege

Lisana Berberi lisanaberberi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 05:00:20 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Ing. Marco Kammerer - Internetpeople <support at internetpeople.at>
To: Lisana Berberi <lisanaberberi at yahoo.com>
Sent: Thu, October 21, 2010 1:42:03 PM
Subject: Re: Info about bind privilege

Hello Lisana

you have to describe emails to mailings lists  better

you have to write which version you have running on  which linux system.
then what you have set up
and what you want to reach.

something like that

hello

i have a calenderserver version (xxx) from apple  running on a linux squeeze
box.

i have set up the users
usera
and
userb

both have read and write privileges on each others  calendar.

i have set up both calendar under sunbird and also  on iphone and the access is
working.

Due to the fact that if i setup 20 users which also  have rw access to each
others calendar and all users should be able to see the  whole calendar i would
have to set up 20x20 calendars on each iphone and the  same on the sunbird
client.

That would be a lot of work to do.
iCal for example makes it easier, because iCall  detects the calendars the user
is able to access.

Beside i tested also the davical server  and there it should get possible in
future to bind calendars into a  calender of another user.

in detail
user a has his calendera unter
usera/calendar

and it would be nice to have the calendars he/she  has access to automaticall
bound into
usera/calendar
usera/userb
usera/userc
usera/userd
usera/usere

that way it would be easy to see the  calenders of another user on ipad,
iphone etc if you wish, because it is  ipossible to select and deselct which
calendars should be  displayed.

Well that feature is not included in davical but i  am not sure if it is
included in caldav, or if this feature will get added  somewhen?

any information about that is appr