[CalendarServer-dev] sync contacts with evolution

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Tue Sep 28 17:03:27 PDT 2010

  These fixes are OK as work-arounds in a pinch, but Evolutions is violating the CardDAV specification, so the real fixes need to go there.

  See here: http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-ietf-vcarddav-carddav/

    Section 6.2.2 says that clients MUST get a CARDDAV:supported-address-data precondition error if they attempt to create an address object resource not advertised by the server in the CARDDAV:supported-address-data property.  In our case, we only advertise support for text/vcard version 3.0.

  And Section 5.1 says:

	vCard components in an address book collection MUST have a UID
	property value that MUST be unique in the scope of the address book
	collection in which it is contained.

  I think fixing bugs in Evolution would be more appropriate than working around these bugs in the server.

	-wsv