[CalendarServer-dev] [Calendar and Contacts Server] #265: Unable to start calendar server on 10.4.10 system due to invalid argument error

Calendar and Contacts Server trac at macosforge.org
Sun Jun 12 10:08:31 PDT 2011

#265: Unable to start calendar server on 10.4.10 system due to invalid argument
error
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  japruim@…           |       Owner:  glyph@…
     Type:  Defect              |      Status:  new

Comment(by cherf@…):

 After testing a re-occurrence of this problem under MacOS 10.6.2 and
 10.6.6 I believe we have traced the root cause to installing and running
 the server from either an external USB drive or from a network mount. The
 problem may also occur when the server is installed on an external
 Firewire drive but that configuration has not been tested as of this
 report.

 Symptoms of the miss-configuration will be either an error 22 (Invalid
 argument) or error 45 (Operation not supported) depending on the type of
 mount used. Error 22 is reported for installations on external, local disk
 drives. Error 45 is reported for installations on network drives.

 To correct this problem, re-install the calendar server software in a
 directory under the root filesystem on the host's internal disk.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/265#comment:8>
Calendar and Contacts Server </>