[CalendarServer-dev] Can calendarserver parse libc zoneinfo files?

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 14 15:06:18 PDT 2012

Le Aug 14, 2012 à 2:31 PM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> a écrit :

>> Could the tool be shared so that it can be used for dynamically updating the calendarserver timezone database whenever tzdata package gets updated?
>
> This sounds like a reasonable idea.  Can you file a ticket in Trac so that we keep track of it?  And of course feel free to keep pinging us about it :).

As you probably just saw, I just went ahead and got some information from Cyrus on how we currently do this from the Olson database, and shared it at <http://trac.calendarserver.org/wiki/UpdatingTimezones>.  I hope this is sufficient for your purposes.  It could probably be less of a multi-step  manual process, so feel free to file a trac ticket anyway.

As I understand it though, in addition to the tool in question dealing with the Olson format and not tzdata, we also need a bit more information from the Olson database than the zoneinfo database uses, so it really will need to go back to the source material.  I don't think it can even be modified to derive the data from the tzdata package.

-glyph