[CalendarServer-dev] Debian calendarserver 4.1.1 package

Fredrik Unger fred at tree.se
Tue Dec 11 02:43:51 PST 2012

Hi,

After trying to get 4.1.1 to run on Debian some month ago I decided
to bite the bullet and also package it.
I am not a debian developer, so it is only available from my
own repository : https://tree.se/debian/

DISCLAIMER - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

It might not be ready for production but I'd like some feedback to the
quality of the package.

Instructions how to install it is also available on
https://tree.se/debian/

The release do not support ipv6, i had to disable the patches.py Runtime
error in response to not finding a solution to the problem
with --reactor=select as described here :
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/calendarserver-dev/2012-November/001568.html

Still a new twisted seems to be in the works. It is available in
experimental. Debian bug #689983 already requests better IPv6 support.

The changelog is :

calendarserver (4.1.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

   * Updated to new released version v4.1.1
   * Disabled patches.py until twisted 12.2.0-1 is released
   * Applied upstream patch for python-sqlparse 0.1.4
   ( http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/759 )
   * Debianized bootstrapdatabase.py
   * Added caldavd uid/gid to default file

  -- Fredrik Unger <debian at tree.se>  Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:15:11 +0100

It should be just to install, enable in /etc/default/calendarserver,
start, and http://localhost:8008/ should be available.

It would be iteresting to get some feedback and cooperation from the
people running calendarserver on debian, best practices etc that I
can put in the documentation. Currently I am running an old instance
of the package on my server, and have limited experience with
configuring calendarserver for groups etc.

I do use LDAP for my installation and will try to document that too.

The package is not extensively tested.

Sincerely,

Fredrik Unger