[CalendarServer-dev] Setting UseMetaFD to false

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Jul 29 23:01:34 PDT 2012

On Jul 29, 2012, at 12:22 AM, Rahul Amaram <amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am debian maintainer for calendarserver. I have observed that when UseMetaFD is set to True, calendarserver runs properly in 32-bit systems but has issues in 64-bits systems. The fix for this was to set UseMetaFD to false. I would like to know whether setting UseMetaFD to false by default in the config file is al right.
>
> See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=678525 for more information about this.
>
> Regards,
> Rahul.

Hi Rahul,

Is this true for all 64-bit Debian systems?  What release?  I've been trying to track this down and I haven't been able to reproduce it personally yet.  Any help that you could give would be useful.

Setting UseMetaFD is an acceptable workaround for the moment, but it should only be set if it needs to be (i.e. only on 64-bit systems).  We (the Calendar Server developers) don't currently test with it off, and the option shouldn't be sticking around forever; UseMetaFD is definitely the superior mode of operation except for this bug.

-glyph