[CalendarServer-dev] memory usage

Marko Bauhardt mb at datameer.com
Thu Jun 7 02:15:00 PDT 2012

Hi all.

We are running a mac server 10.7.4 with caldav 3 in a commercial environment. We have the behavior that from time to time the spawned processes from caldavd (Python /usr/bin/twistd -f /etc/caldavd/caldavd.plist) will use memory up to 3GB. because of that our server is running out of memory and the processes will create very big swap files. and our server will getting slower and slower.

How we can change the process count? we figured out we can do this via the caldavd.plist file. we want to change the xml tag MultiProcess/ProcessCount. is that right?

The important question is how we can restrict the memory usage for every caldav process?

What does "ProcessType" mean? There are 3 values: master,slave,combined

Thanks a lot for your help.
Marko