[CalendarServer-dev] [debian] postgres database access

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 14 14:00:42 PST 2012

On Nov 14, 2012, at 3:05 AM, Fredrik Unger <fred at tree.se> wrote:

> I just wanted to try to explain the debian issues I ran into, so we can
> decide what to prescribe on how to authenticate with the database.
> Eg if the password method is needed or if peer can be used.

You should be able to use the peer method.

Have you tried dropping privileges in your daemon script (i.e. running with sudo), so that caldavd never starts as root in the first place, rather than specifying a UID to it?  I may be forgetting something, but I don't believe it should need root privileges for anything on debian.

-glyph