[CalendarServer-dev] Running without extended attributes

Peter Mogensen apm at one.com
Wed Nov 21 03:26:10 PST 2012

Hi,

It seems to me that when using a database storage, there's only one file
which requires extended attributes from the filesystem
(.calendarserver_version) - which doesn't have any EA.
Actually it seems it's only because the server tests all files in
Documentroot for EA and there's in that scenario only
.calendarserver_version there.

AFAICS, Were it not for that, caldavd would run fine on diskless
machines with only a NFS filesystem.

Am I right in concluding that there's absolutely no need for EA if not
using files as storage?

/Peter