[CalendarServer-dev] 4.2 server stuck after DB outage

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at chaos1.de
Mon Apr 22 09:28:20 PDT 2013

Am 22.04.2013 um 17:39 schrieb Andre LaBranche <dre at apple.com>:

> It doesn't seem likely to me that a fast shutdown of postgres could cause this sort of error. Fast shutdown simply means that clients are not given the chance to finish their running transactions before they are disconnected, which is totally safe (those in-flight txns get rolled back). Given the complaints in the log about SSL, I tend to suspect the software update more than anything else…
If feel a professional product like dcs should deal with such situations gracefully.

> What OS and version are you using?
FreeBSD 8.2 (I'm still testing my FreeBSD port).
> Are you using Calendar Server in 'svn' mode where it spawns postgres itself, or are you managing postgres externally?
It's an external DB-server.
> If the latter, can you still start postgres and connect using psql?
Sure. All other applications did a successful reconnect after end of downtime as usual (and w/o intervention).

Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀ +49 151 2300 9283  ☀ computing @ chaos claudius