[CalendarServer-dev] twistedcaldav/directory/ldapdirectory.py:1267:getGroups empty argument error

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jan 30 20:53:53 PST 2013

On Jan 30, 2013, at 8:06 PM, Dennison Williams <dennison.williams at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tracing this all the way up the stack I see tha the getGroups method
> receives a guid value of  set([None]), but this is not caught as I think
> maybe it should be on line 675
>
> if guids is None:
>
> But because I am not super familar with this application and have
> limited familiarity with python I am not sure if this indicates an issue
> with my config, my environment, or the code.

The LDAP directory is incredibly flexible, and can be coerced to do various insane things by setting up mappings incorrectly.  Having a copy of your caldavd.plist would be helpful when diagnosing this error.  (Actually having a copy of your entire directory along with that would be even more useful, but I presume that isn't possible ;-)).

-glyph