[CalendarServer-dev] [SOLVED] Re: master process loops

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at chaos1.de
Sun Mar 17 11:44:54 PDT 2013

Am 15.03.2013 um 13:04 schrieb Axel Rau:

> While testing my new FreeBSD port on FreeBSD 8.2, I see the master process starting stealing cpu cycles after 1st client connect, so:
>  PID JID USERNAME  THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE   C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
> 39240  11 root        3  76    0   126M 49784K uwait   6   1:38 17.77% python2.7
>
> This continues after the last client has disconnected until shutdown of the server.

Profiling with Run Snake Run (thanks to Andre for the excellent how to) shows:
The master process spent 98% in _psutil_bsd.get_virtual_mem(). Seems to be an expensive function in FreeBSD.
Turning off the call in accesslog resolves the problem.

Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀ +49 151 2300 9283  ☀ computing @ chaos claudius