[CalendarServer-dev] New vCard not propagated to all subscribers

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at chaos1.de
Fri May 31 03:30:15 PDT 2013

After adding a vCard in Contacts 7.1, it did not show up in one IOS 6.1 device. Another one + 2 OSX 10.8 boxes displayed the new card correctly. I changed the vCard at one box a little bit and it appeared on the first device. Everything was in sync then.
Logging was at warning level at that time. While the vCard was added 1st time, I got:
[twext.web2.server#error] [Failure instance: Traceback: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'Server' object has no attribute 'protocol'
'protocol' is quite vague. What could this mean?
How can I add instrumentation to get more information in such situations?
Still running 4.2 on fbsd 8.2.

Thanks,
Axel
---