[CalendarServer-dev] Error with Files backend in Debian Jessie

Rahul Amaram amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 10 10:29:52 PST 2013

On Tuesday 05 November 2013 12:01 AM, Glyph wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2013, at 9:15 AM, Rahul Amaram <amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to run calendarserver 5.0 on Debian Jessie. While postgresql backend seems to work fine, I have been facing issues with files backend (I have user_xattr enabled). Could some feedback be provided on this? I am attaching the error.log for reference. The errors with timestamp 18:31 popped up as soon as I started calendarserver. The errors with timestamp 18:33 were encountered when I tried to authenticate to calendarserver.
>>
>> Early response would be much appreciated so that I could push the new Debian package to testing.
>
> Hi Rahul,
>
> The filesystem store is known to be incomplete.  It exists only to provide a migration path for legacy data to the PostgreSQL database (and to provide a little extra test coverage to allow us to test multiple implementations of a subset of functionality).  The right fix here is probably to remove all configuration options which would allow you to attempt to use it in a running server until someone volunteers to maintain it and keep it up to date :-).
>
> Are you trying to use it as the actual backend for the store or are you having problems with it during an upgrade from old data?  When reporting a bug like this it's always a good idea to attach your plist :-).
>
> -glyph

Hi,
I was trying to use it as an actual backend. I guess that is why it
didn't work. So, are there any upgrade instructions on how to migrate
from the file store to postgresql? I think that this would be done
automatically. Even then, I would like to know the manual instructions
for performing migration.

- Rahul.