[CalendarServer-dev] Migrating GUIDs & Tasks Support

Rahul Amaram amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 13 21:27:08 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am trying to push Calendarserver 5.x into Ubuntu Trusty (due to
release on April 17). While testing I have found two issues. Any help to
have them resolved would be great.

1. Earlier, for XML entries, I have distributed a sample accounts.xml
file with the guid same as the uid (for ex. admin, test, etc.). However,
with calendarserver 5.x, I can see that these kind of guids are
considered invalid. Now, I figured out that the valid guid can be
generated from the function 'str(uuid4()).upper()'. But how do I migrate
the data from older guids to the newer guids? Is there any database
update command that I can run?

2. Next, I have observed that for calendarserver 5.x, tasks are disabled
when I access the calendar from Thunderbird. I am not sure if tasks have
been disabled upstream or whether there is some compatibility issue with
Thunderbird & Apple calendarserver.

Any help in resolving these issues would be of great help as there are
only a couple of days left for the Ubuntu LTS release.

Regards,
Rahul.