[CalendarServer-dev] Error with Files backend in Debian Jessie

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Wed Mar 5 12:27:06 PST 2014

On Mar 5, 2014, at 12:13 PM, Rahul Amaram <amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Thanks Andre. So, calendarserver_bootstrap_database is run for the first time to setup db. And calendarserver_upgrade should be run for any subsequent upgrades.

Correct.

> Also, let me know if you think that there is anything in calendarserver_upgrade which might make it to break in linux?

It is regularly tested and used in linux. As long as the DB is up and running a current or previous version of the schema, and caldavd.plist is properly configured to access that DB, running calendarserver_upgrade is expected to ensure upgrade to the current schema and data version. There are of course errors that can occur during upgrade, but these are not specific to Linux and generally have more to do with unexpected data in the DB. As always, please report any issues you encounter.

-dre