[CalendarServer-dev] propfind request/response logging

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Thu Nov 19 11:16:05 PST 2015

Hi,

Yes, the relevant caldavd.plist config snippets are:

    <!-- Enable accounting for certain operations -->
    <key>AccountingCategories</key>
    <dict>
      <key>HTTP</key>
      <false/>
      <key>iTIP</key>
      <false/>
      <key>iTIP-VFREEBUSY</key>
      <false/>
      <key>Implicit Errors</key>
      <false/>
      <key>AutoScheduling</key>
      <false/>
      <key>iSchedule</key>
      <false/>
    </dict>

    <!-- Enable accounting for specific principal GUIDs or use "*" for all  -->
    <key>AccountingPrincipals</key>
    <array>
      <!-- <string>454D85C0-09F0-4DC6-A3C6-97DFEB4622CD</string> -->
    </array>

Change HTTP to <true/> and bounce the server. A new directory will appear in LogRoot (i.e. adjacent to the other calendar server log files) called 'accounting' - look there for the data you seek.

If you only want to log requests for certain principals, specify their GUIDs in AccountingPrincipals.

DO NOT LEAVE THIS LOGGING ENABLED INDEFINITELY unless you also configure some mechanism for managing the log history. If left unchecked with an active service, it will fill your disk.

-dre