[CalendarServer-dev] Data upgrade from calendarserver 5.2.2 to 7.0 failing

Rahul Amaram amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 20 21:02:52 PST 2016

On Thursday 21 January 2016 02:52 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> --On January 20, 2016 at 3:18:10 PM +0530 Rahul Amaram
> <amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> If necessary, I can setup a public server running Debian Sid and the
>> newly packaged calendarserver 7.0. This bug is sort of a blocker for
>> calendarserver 7.0 debian package release.
>
> Have you tried running:
>
> bin/calendarserver_upgrade

Hi Cyrus,

I had tried this. But the command was failing. I was under the
assumption that upgrade would happen automatically, so did bother to
look into why this command was failing. However, a more senior Debian
developer has helped me resolve this issue. Apparently, this command
should be run as user "caldavd" and then it worked. He also pointed out
that the accounts.xml file format for calendarserver 5.x and 7.x differ.
Is there any script which will automatically convert accounts.xml file
to the new format?

Thanks,
Rahul.