[CalendarServer-dev] Migrating from 5.1 to 8.0 --was: Re: Circular reference in 8.0 (cannot import name GroupCacherPollingWork)

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Thu Jun 2 15:44:34 PDT 2016

> On May 31, 2016, at 5:09 AM, Axel Rau <Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE> wrote:
>

>> Am 30.05.2016 um 22:39 schrieb Axel Rau <Axel.Rau at chaos1.de>:
>>
>>   connection.realConnection.py_types[postgres.six.text_type] = (705, postgres.core.FC_TEXT, my_text_out)
>> exceptions.AttributeError: ‚module' object has no attribute 'six‘
> I removed that line:
> pg8000.core.ProgrammingError: (u'ERROR', u'42P01', u'relation "calendarserver" does not exist', u'19', u'parse_relation.c', u'986', u'parserOpenTable', u'', u'')
> 2016-05-31T12:48:55+0200 [calendarserver.tap.util#critical] Step failure: UpgradeDatabaseAddressBookDataStep
> - - -
> I have created an empty database and expected caldavd to create all the necessary tables.
> Is this wrong?

Nope, that's a perfectly valid expectation. I'm pretty sure the 'six' module is actually required, however. It seems reasonable to guess that this might be yet another startup-time race condition around when a module is imported versus when it is used. Considering the attempt to fix this in a different place has already failed, more investigation is required... I don't have any immediate suggestions other than to maybe try to find a way to get the previously suggested patch to work, then apply the same technique in other areas as needed... not terribly clean, I know.

-dre