[CalendarServer-dev] SSL connection to DB server gone in 8.0?

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE
Tue Jun 14 04:46:18 PDT 2016

Hi Andre,

I come back to this.

> Am 03.06.2016 um 03:48 schrieb Andre LaBranche <dre at apple.com>:
>
> https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/endpoints.html <https://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/endpoints.html>
>
> An example (minimally specified) TLS endpoint: tls:example.com:443.
>
> Note: we tend to use UNIX domain sockets much more than TCP these days, and I don't believe I've ever tested TLS from CalendarServer to Postgres, but it should work if Postgres is configured correctly and you do the right stuff with certs, etc.

If I try this:
- - -
    	<key>endpoint</key>
    	<string>tls:db4.lrau.net</string>
- - -
I get:
- - -
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/txdav/base/datastore/dbapiclient.py", line 308, in _connectorFor_pg8000
    if params.unixsocket:
AttributeError: 'DBAPIParameters' object has no attribute 'unixsocket'
- - -
In dbapiclient.py, I see:
- - -
        if self.endpoint.startswith("unix:"):