[CalendarServer-dev] Migrating from 5.1 to 8.0 --was: Re: Circular reference in 8.0 (cannot import name GroupCacherPollingWork)

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at chaos1.de
Wed May 25 09:15:58 PDT 2016

> Am 23.05.2016 um 22:16 schrieb Andre LaBranche <dre at apple.com>:
>

>> On May 23, 2016, at 12:26 PM, Andre LaBranche <dre at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your patience on this so far. It looks like we are trying to use some config before it is loaded from the configured plist. Stay tuned.
>
> Hi,
>
> Startup time is a little tricky for us in this regard. This should ‚fix' it: http://trac.calendarserver.org/changeset/15635/CalendarServer/trunk

Thanks for the patch. It resolved the issue.

Now I continue with my porting work and try to find out what adjustments needed
to migrate a simple file based directory service from 5.1 to 8.0.

After changing the DB config from DSN to DatabaseConnection and adding some recordTypes to DirectoryService, I’m faced with „badly formed hexadecimal
UUID strings“, which means, I must adjust my uid and guid records in accounts.xml and in the DB.

I did not find a tool, which does the migration.

Please advice.

Also the tools provided complain about missing dependencies which is ok for a manual installation, but not for a ports/package system.

If I call upgrade directly, I get:
- - -
[caldav3:lib/python2.7/site-packages] root# python /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calendarserver/tools/upgrade.py -s
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calendarserver/tools/upgrade.py", line 27, in <module>
    from txdav.common.datastore.sql import CommonDataStore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/txdav/common/datastore/sql.py", line 85, in <module>
    from calendarserver.tools.util import displayNameForCollection, getEventDetails, agoString
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calendarserver/tools/util.py", line 39, in <module>
    from twistedcaldav.stdconfig import DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twistedcaldav/stdconfig.py", line 1831, in <module>
    config.update()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twistedcaldav/config.py", line 262, in update
    hook(self._data, reloading=reloading)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twistedcaldav/stdconfig.py", line 1457, in _postUpdateResourceService
    from twistedcaldav.upgrade import upgradeResourcesXML
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twistedcaldav/upgrade.py", line 67, in <module>
    from calendarserver.tap.util import getRootResource, FakeRequest
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/calendarserver/tap/util.py", line 38, in <module>
    from calendarserver.tools.util import checkDirectory
ImportError: cannot import name checkDirectory
- - -

Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius