[CalendarServer-dev] Calendarserver 7.x compatibility with sqlparse 0.2.2

Andre LaBranche dre at apple.com
Tue Jan 3 13:34:03 PST 2017

> On Dec 20, 2016, at 6:06 AM, amaramrahul at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>

> Even if I upgrade to 0.9, I think I'll still be facing the challenge of how to migrate the data from existing installations. Would I be right in this assumption of mine?

If you meant 9.0, as in CalendarServer 9.0, then the same rules apply here as for any CalendarServer upgrade: there may be a schema update required, so any time you update, be prepared for this possibility.

You can tell if a DB upgrade would be required by looking at txdav/common/datastore/sql_schema/current.sql for a given branch / release, e.g.:

https://github.com/apple/ccs-calendarserver/blob/master/txdav/common/datastore/sql_schema/current.sql <https://github.com/apple/ccs-calendarserver/blob/master/txdav/common/datastore/sql_schema/current.sql>

At the bottom, you'll see something like:

insert into CALENDARSERVER values ('VERSION', '65');
insert into CALENDARSERVER values ('CALENDAR-DATAVERSION', '6');

This means CalendarServer running that code would want schema version 65 and dataversion 6. You can check your DB's calendarserver table or look at startup-time logging in error.log to see your current version.

-dre