[CalendarServer-dev] LogLevels does not work on 9.0

Axel Rau Axel.Rau at chaos1.de
Sun Jan 22 10:52:15 PST 2017

> Am 22.01.2017 um 19:40 schrieb Morgen Sagen <sagen at apple.com>:
>

>> On Jan 22, 2017, at 3:30 AM, Axel Rau <Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE <mailto:Axel.Rau at Chaos1.DE>> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 21.01.2017 um 21:07 schrieb Morgen Sagen <sagen at apple.com <mailto:sagen at apple.com>>:
>>>
>>> Do you have anything set in the LogLevels dict (which overrides DefaultLogLevel for the specified modules)?
>> Not I. Your released software has some modules with debug turned on.
>
> Which plist in the git repo are you referring to?
>
> https://github.com/apple/ccs-calendarserver/blob/CalendarServer-9.0/conf/caldavd-test.plist <https://github.com/apple/ccs-calendarserver/blob/CalendarServer-9.0/conf/caldavd-test.plist> does not have any debug logging active.

I will look at that.

All what I have is :

<!--
        Logging
      -->

    <!-- Log root -->
    <key>LogRoot</key>
    <string>/var/log/caldavd</string>

    <!-- Apache-style access log -->

    <key>AccessLogFile</key>
    <string>access.log</string>
    <key>RotateAccessLog</key>
    <true/>

    <!-- Server activity log -->
    <key>ErrorLogFile</key>
    <string>error.log</string>

    <!-- Log levels -->
    <key>DefaultLogLevel</key>
    <string>warn</string> <!-- debug, info, warn, error -->

	<!-- Allows overriding log levels on a per-package, per-module, or even per-
	     class basis -->
	<key>LogLevels</key>
	<dict>
      <key>twistedcaldav.memcachepool</key>
      <string>info</string>
      <key>twistedcaldav.memcacher</key>
      <string>info</string>
      <key>twext.enterprise.adbapi2</key>
      <string>info</string>
	</dict>

The LogLevels block was a workaround attempt.

Axel
---
PGP-Key:29E99DD6  ☀  computing @ chaos claudius