[CalendarServer-dev] Web Developer

Doug Reid Doug.Reid at haafconsulting.com
Tue Nov 27 06:58:54 PST 2018

Marc and Dre,

I will review the several PRs you noted this week.  I used RedHat linux when I worked semiconductor design.   I can easily build a centOS 6.9 or 7.5 server on the cloud service I use (Digital Ocean).  Linux is odd with the number of distribution but for most part they interchangeable once they are setup.

Project requirements
=====================
- calendars
	Tournaments
	Leagues
	Company based
	Single shared calendar for organization/event

- Users
	Projects will not have individual users (calendar for one organization)
		mostly controlled on the backend of a web interface
- Ability to filter shared calendars based on keywords (Leagues for Schools)
		Swimming vs Basketball
		Baseball vs Track and Field
		Simpler answer: have distinct calendar for each sport
- Currently the leagues for my high school and middle school kids do not even offer a calendar
	They switched to an app
	I see this as backwards, prefer to see everything in one place

Questions
==========
- What is the expected timeframe to complete the move to python3.x?
	Implementation of  a calendar services can wait for now.
- Is there any plans to look at swift instead of python?
	I am implementing my php classes in swift for web development.   I think when I get past the learning curve it will be much better than php.

----
Doug Reid
HaaF Consulting, LLC
Computer Consulting