[CalendarServer-users] Error using subversion

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Aug 25 06:32:26 PDT 2006

Hi John,

--On August 25, 2006 1:23:29 PM +1000 John Zornig <jzornig at mac.com> wrote:

> I'm getting the following error when checking out the CalendarServer
> trunk. It worked when I was at WWDC but not now.
>
> $ svn checkout
> http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk
> CalendarServer
>
> svn: REPORT request failed on
> '/repository/calendarserver/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/repository/calendarserver/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad
> Request (http://svn.macosforge.org)

This is almost certainly the result of an http proxy or firewall between
you and the server refusing to accept the valid (according to WebDAV) HTTP
method REPORT. I consider such devices broken, but they are all to common.

One solution to this is to use https instead of http. However, our Trac
setup is currently configured to only allow authenticated access via https.
I will try and get that fixed but it may take a while. I will post back
here when that has been done.

Alternatively see if you can talk to your network admin and have them fix
the 'broken' proxy/firewall.

--
Cyrus Daboo