[CalendarServer-users] Errors with group based access control

Frank Strauß strauss at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Thu Dec 14 07:57:44 PST 2006

Frank Strauß wrote:

> I'm no Python guru. Do you know how this warning can be avoided?
> Probably at some place, my Tiger Python-2.3 stuff is used, although 2.5
> is available and the first in my $PATH.
>
> 2006/12/14 15:49 +0200 [-]
> /private/var/automount/home/strauss/Developer/CalendarServer/twistedcaldav/directory/appleopendirectory.py:30:
> exceptions.RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module
> opendirectory: This Python has API version 1013, module opendirectory
> has version 1012.

I found the reason for this. Maybe others like to know it...

When things are built by "./run -s", the setup system makes the compiler
be called with something like "-isysroot
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk". This path is used to find the headers
that are used to build opendirectory.so. When you install a newer
Python, e.g. 2.5, the stuff in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework is
updated, but not the stuff in /Developer/... I helped myself by the
following symlinks, but I cannot guarantee that it won't break any
future Python upgrades or other development projects.

# ls -l
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions
total 24
drwxr-xr-x   5 root  wheel  170 Dec  7 16:11 2.3
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel   49 Dec 14 16:49 2.5 ->
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel    3 Dec 14 16:49 Current -> 2.5
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel    3 Dec  7 16:11 Current.old -> 2.3