[CalendarServer-users] How are we tying events and resources together?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Sep 5 06:31:13 PDT 2006

Hi Michael,

--On September 1, 2006 12:20:15 PM -0400 Michael Slattery
<slattery at angel.net> wrote:

> I've heard that this server will track resources that are assigned to
> events.  If these resources have a limited capacity, how does this impact
> invites and bookings?    Is there a spot in the trunk where I can see
> this?

There is currently no standard way to indicate properties about resources
(e.g. how many people can fit in a room etc). Ultimately it would be good
to have a formal data standard that could be used to describe resource
properties and have those available for clients to search and pick the
appropriate one (or have the server automatically do it). The best place to
work on such a data format would be Calconnect - they have already been
working on an iCalendar extension to provide richer information about
venues for public event system. Having an iCalendar extension for resource
data would seem sensible too.

--
Cyrus Daboo