[CalendarServer-users] Adding principals

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Sep 5 08:58:59 PDT 2006

Hi Sebastian,

--On September 5, 2006 5:34:35 PM +0200 Sebastian Hagedorn
<Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>> If you use the 'admin' user can you login?
>
> Yes. If I do so the log lines read:
>
> 2006/09/05 17:23 CEST [HTTPChannel,2,134.95.128.1] OPTIONS
> /calendars/users/a0620/ HTTP/1.1
> 2006/09/05 17:23 CEST [HTTPChannel,2,134.95.128.1] PROPFIND
> /calendars/users/a0620/ HTTP/1.1

Ok, that at least proves that ACL is working to some extent.

> I can also creat calendars. Things still appear strange to me, though.
> The "Details" view in Mulberry gives me:
>
> Twisted/2.3.0+r17097 TwistedWeb/[twisted.web2, version 0.1.0 (SVN
> r17097)] TwistedCalDAV/?
>
> The Capability only reads:

> That can't be right!?

No - that display is currently broken in Mulberry.

> The Access button is greyed out. Shouldn't I be able to view or set ACLs?

Try details on a calendar or a collection within the server hierarchy -
Access should then be enabled.

>>> But I don't really understand how that's supposed to work.
>>
>> The above acl is in the commented out section of -static, and is used to
>> create some 'users' that have a publicly accessible calendar (hence use
>> of <DAV:all> as the principal).

> that, but I suppose I don't need to at this point :-)

The <acl> element in repository.xml 'mirrors' the WebDAV <DAV:acl> element
and its child elements. So what you seen in the XML file is basically what
would appear in the body of a WebDAV ACL method request when a client tries
to set ACLs, though with DAV: as the namespace for the elements. So to know
really what that element does in repository.xml you need to read the WebDAV
ACL spec.

>> For 'regular' users you should not use
>> that - use the <user> element with 'repeat=99' as the guide for those.
>
> I did, but I didn't specify a calendar. Should I?

You should setup at least one default calendar for each user just to make
things easier.

Can you send me your repository.xml file for analysis?

--
Cyrus Daboo