[CalendarServer-users] Adding principals

Rick Davis roodavis at mac.com
Tue Sep 5 19:08:53 PDT 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 10:25 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

> As described on the wiki page, each user should be given <DAV:all>
> privileges to their own calendar home collection. So it should be
> possible to do anything in that collection once authenticated.

Can you give me an example of a user set up with all privileges to
his calendar collection, all privileges to a shared calendar folder
and read only or no access to other users calendars. I was able to
get all users the ability to publish calendars, but unfortunately
they were allowed to publish to any users folder.  Not just their
own.  So far all changes I have tried result in all or nothing.

I'm hoping to set this up for a school in the next week or two with
about forty teachers (and possibly for the 900+ students). Before
they run out and buy Now-Up-To-Date.

I wrote a small app a couple of summers ago to create an XML file for
importing users into OS X server using fields from a tab-delimited
file of users first and last name.  It generates the shortname and
password according to selections made and then writes the xml file. I
was able to modify it last night to generate a properly formatted
repository-dev.xml.  If I can get the privileges worked out I should
be able to generate the repository-dev.xml for 100+ users in just a
few minutes.

Also, is there a graceful way to quit iCalServer or reload the
repository-dev.xml file? Right now when I want to make changes I
terminate the shell.  Delete the previous principals, users and
calendars then ./run again.

Thanks and Have A Great Day.

Rick Davis
thePRIMAXgroup