[CalendarServer-users] OpenDirectory

Josh Wisenbaker macshome at afp548.com
Wed Sep 6 08:51:08 PDT 2006

On Wed, September 6, 2006 11:00 am, Josh Wisenbaker wrote:

> On Wed, September 6, 2006 9:24 am, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
>> Hi Josh,
>>
>> --On September 6, 2006 8:15:00 AM -0400 Josh Wisenbaker
>> <macshome at afp548.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Any takers on this one? Is OD support not currently functioning on
>>> Tiger
>>> with the current code?
>>
>> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.
>>
>> For OD support you will need to modify the server schema to add the
>> "dsAttrTypeStandard:CalendarPrincipalURI" attribute for users, groups
>> and
>> resources. The calendar server will only 'recognize' users, groups and
>> resources that have that attribute as being valid calendar users. With
>> that
>> attribute present, the calendar server will auto-provision an account
>> for
>> the corresponding entity. If the attribute is not present no account
>> will
>> be setup, or if one was present before it will be disabled.
>>

> Thanks Cyrus,
>
> A noted in my last e-mail I have added CalendarPrincipalURI into my schema
> and then added the attribute to a user account.
>
> The issue, I think is that extended schema like this show as
> dsAttrTypeNative, and not as Standard.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks for the reply,
> Josh

Just some more info from my OD attempts. This is from one of my 10.4.7
test servers. I extended the LDAP schema the cheap way and just tacked my
addition onto the end of the apple.schema file. (I, nor my Apple contacts,
have been able to get schema mods inside CN:Config, CN:Schema to function,
hence the nastiness of my addition.)

dscl on the server says...

dhcp172-21s10n138:~ tigeradmin$ dscl -raw localhost -read
/Search/Users/joshwisenbaker CalendarPrincipalURI
dsAttrTypeNative:CalendarPrincipalURI:
http://dhcp172-21s10n138.0998.lowes.com:8008/principals/users/joshwisenbaker

(Ignore the wrapping if it's in there.)

I see the same if I change the repository-dev.xml to point at the LDAP
node directly. Interestingly, the server will not remove the static admin
principal if I point the server at /Search, only if it looks at
/LDAPv3/127.0.0.1. At no time does it _add_ any user principals to the
users folder.

This is on rev. 100 code I built today. Mac OS X Server 10.4.7 PPC.

My ghetto schema addition... (Please excuse the lack of proper OID. We are
going to register for our own number.)

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.63.1001.1.1.1.1.99
        NAME ( 'CalendarPrincipalURI' )
        DESC 'Calendar Principal URI'
        EQUALITY caseExactIA5Match
        SUBSTR caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch