[CalendarServer-users] Unable to locate subversion base URI for sources.

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Sep 13 00:30:11 PDT 2006

Hi Cyrus,

-- Cyrus Daboo <cdaboo at apple.com> is rumored to have mumbled on 12.
September 2006 22:34:51 -0400 regarding Re: [CalendarServer-users] Unable
to locate subversion base URI	for	sources.:

> --On September 12, 2006 10:08:50 PM -0400 Rick Davis <roodavis at mac.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just started getting this message with the today.  I read a post from
>> early August where this was reported and fixed. Two installations from
>> last week went fine.  Of course they were both test installs on my home
>> network.  Today I actually tried to install at a school and got this
>> error message "Unable to locate subversion base URI for sources." Tried
>> it again from home and got the same message.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> At what point during the process does this error occur?

this seems to be related to my bug report:

<http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/calendarserver/ticket/50>

> I just tried the following standard install procedure and it worked fine
> for me:
>
> svn checkout
> http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk
> CalendarServer
> cd CalendarServer
> ./run -s

It doesn't for me anymore:

copying ./__init__.py -> build/lib.darwin-8.7.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/OpenSSL
copying ./tsafe.py -> build/lib.darwin-8.7.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/OpenSSL
copying ./version.py -> build/lib.darwin-8.7.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/OpenSSL
running build_ext
Unable to locate subversion base URI for sources.

> Note that you should double-check the svn version in use (run 'svn
> help'). I think you will need at least 1.3.x. We should probably add a
> check in the run script for this...

I'm now using 1.4. I think the locale issue is to blame. I made it work
again by adding these two lines at the top of "run":

LANG=C
LC_ALL=C

I think the second might actually suffice.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK