[CalendarServer-users] Report filtering on VTODOs

Nick Zitzmann nick at chronosnet.com
Wed Apr 11 19:36:30 PDT 2007

I did a brief Google search and checked for problem tickets on the
calendarserver Web site, and came up empty...

I'm experimenting with sending CalDAV REPORT commands to the calendar
server, and I've run into a strange issue. The calendar server has a
calendar in the account with a single event. If I run a query for all
VEVENTs in the calendar, then I get the result I expect - the
calendar server returns the lone VEVENT. But if I do the same thing
for VTODOs, like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><r1:calendar-query
xmlns:r0="DAV:"
xmlns:r1="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav"><r0:prop><r0:getetag/
 ><r1:calendar-data/></r0:prop><r1:filter><r1:comp-filter
name="VCALENDAR"><r1:comp-filter name="VTODO"/></r1:comp-filter></
r1:filter></r1:calendar-query>

The result of the query is exactly the same as if I used VEVENT
instead of VTODO - the single calendar event gets returned even
though there is no VTODO data in that ICS file.

I've verified with tcpdump that this is not a client-side caching
problem. What's going on? Did I make a mistake in the report query,
or why would it give me the VEVENT when I'm only searching for VTODOs?

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>