[CalendarServer-users] attendee lookup

Emil Lundberg Emil.Lundberg at bmc.uu.se
Fri Dec 14 00:42:01 PST 2007

>> The easiest way to do this is obviously to run a OSX/OD/iCal Server
>> combination instead of DCS! :-). Using non-OD directory servers
>> though, it should be possible to add the required attributes to a
>> standard LDAP server (or AD for that matter), and bind to it using
>> Directory Utility as per the above procedure. We have not (yet)
>> begun testing on this at my site so this is as far as my knowledge
>> stretches at the moment. It is an important question though; we too
>> will most likely rely on existing LDAP/Linux-based directory
>> services for any site-wide calendar service.
>
> Remember too that 10.5 Macs can use record augmentation to add
> things like the servicelocator to the user accounts without the need
> to modify the source directory service.
>
> Josh Wisenbaker, ACSA
> http://www.afp548.com
> We're the M in RTFM.

Thanks Josh for the info; this could be really useful in a mixed
environment.

In case anyone else is interested, an in-depth article is posted on
AFP548: http://www.afp548.com/article.php?story=20071210105328355

So, I gather that to do this one does not strictly need a
supplementary Open Directory server in addition to the primary
directory server? I.e. on a single client one could perform the
augments on /Local/Default/Config/ (and so on) instead?

(sorry for bordering on off-topic for this list perhaps)

/Emil