[CalendarServer-users] (no subject)

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Sat Jan 27 17:11:29 PST 2007

I'm trying to run a simple CalendarServer daemon on my home network.
If I start it up by hand, all is well. (Great! and thanks for
everyone's hard work in bringing this project to fruition). I'm now
trying to use launchd to start the server when the computer starts.
I'm relying on the man pages for launchd and the tutorial at
MacResearch (http://www.macresearch.org/
tutorial_backups_with_launchd). Here is the property file I'm using:

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
> "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
> <plist version="1.0">
> <dict>
>         <key>Label</key>
>         <string>com.metabang.calserver</string>
>         <key>LowPriorityIO</key>
>         <true/>
>         <key>Program</key>
>         <string>/repository/CalendarServer/run</string>
>         <key>OnDemand</key>
>         <false/>
> 	<key>RunAtLoad</key>
> 	<true/>
> 	<key>WorkingDirectory</key>
> 	<string>
> 		/repository/CalendarServer
> 	</string>
> 	<key>RootDirectory</key>
> 	<string>
> 		/repository/CalendarServer
> 	</string>
> </dict>
> </plist>

I've placed this in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
com.metabang.calserver.plist

When the computer starts, I get lots of messages like this :

> Jan 27 19:35:23 roberta launchd: com.metabang.calserver: exited
> with exit code: 127
> Jan 27 19:35:23 roberta launchd: com.metabang.calserver: respawning
> too quickly! throttling
> Jan 27 19:35:23 roberta launchd: com.metabang.calserver: 8 more
> failures without living at least 60 seconds will cause job removal
> Jan 27 19:35:23 roberta launchd: com.metabang.calserver: will
> restart in 10 seconds

in the system log.

If I invoke launchctl manually via

> launchctl load load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
> com.metabang.calserver.plist

things seem to work fine.

Any advice appreciated...

thanks,