[CalendarServer-users] Re: Project Status

Matt Simerson matt at layeredtech.com
Tue Jul 10 18:09:03 PDT 2007

> On Jul 10, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Guillaume LACHENAL wrote:
> > Since Leopard release is known to be planned in October 2007, I ask
> > you about the Darwin Calender Server status.
> > - Is it (near to) production ready ?
> > - Is the code usable in a production environment ? Not being well
> > packaged won't be a big problem.
> > - Are there missing features ?
>
> It's pretty near to complete. As to what's not complete or being
> worked on, see trac.calendarserver.org.
>
> > Apple announced [1] Outlook ability to connect an iCalserver via an
> > opensource connector. Is the connector developed at Apple or is it a
> > third party project ? Which one ?
>
> I'm pretty sure Apple announced no such thing, but there is this
> project, which is potentially one way to get there: http://openconnector.org/
>
>      -wsv — Wilfredo Sánchez - wsanchez at wsanchez.net

I do believe Guillaume is referring to this:

    Works well with others.
     iCal Server uses open calendaring protocols for integrating with
leading
     calendar programs, including iCal 3 in Leopard, Mozilla's
Sunbird, OSAF's
     Chandler, and Microsoft Outlook using an open source connector.
These
     open standard protocols include CalDAV - a set of extensions to
WebDAV
      - and interchange formats such as iCalendar, iMIP, and iTIP.

http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/leopard/icalserver.html

That could almost be considered an announcement.

Matt Simerson
Unix Roto-Rooter

Layered Technologies, Inc.
On-Demand Utility Computing & Hosting Solutions
Learn more>> http://www.layeredtechnologies.com